Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Mommy's in a BAD Mood

I am sure many of you can relate to this--I did not get enough sleep last night once again (oh how I relish those late night hours of quiet where I can relax and get things done uninterupted), I am PMSing and I haven't exercised in a week and I just feel like CRAP. However, my perky little guy doesn't care, he wakes up well rested, bright-eyed and bushy tailed, singing, laughing, loving and having a good old time--and he wants to play and interact, but I don't feel like it! I want to crawl back into bed, sleep for four more hours and be left alone, and for obvious reasons I can't.

So what do you do? How do you shift gears and be in the moment and let all that bad mood stuff go? Well venting in this blog definitely helps and I am off to the gym after that. I think you definitely have to use humor to cope as well as knowing that time is fleeting and you don't want to miss these precious moments before they escape you. Maybe try and see yourself through the eyes of a child and imagine what it might feel like if someone tried to diffuse your happiness, that would be kinda yucky. Or maybe take a timeout yourself, meditate, drink a relaxing cup of tea, or call a friend. Do whatever it takes to let go and BE in the moment, and of course count the moments until nightfall when you can once again stay up late and have quiet time to yourself :-)

Sweet Dreams,
Romy, Goddess of Being in a Yucky Mood (and being OK with that)

No comments: