Monday, April 14, 2008

Hey Moma, Just "Let It Be". . .

So I had my annual physical today (I'm a healthy 40 year old woman btw), and my holistically inclined MD was talking to me about effective ways to deal with emotional stress. He discussed the benefits of slowing down, being in the moment and trying to adopt the philosophy of one of the hottest authors right now Eckhart Tolle, who believes in not resisting lifes challenges and trying to shift gears and appreciate and allow whatever comes your way (good or bad) to just be what it is. OK, this may sound easy in theory, but this whole 'being' philosophy is impossible when you've got a work to do, errands to run, dinner to make, baths to give etc. When the heck do I have the time just "to be"? Usually, my quiet time is at 11pm at night when I am dead tired and just want to zone out to the latest reality junk show rather than trying to meditate or quiet my mind (which I promise myself I would like to do regularly but rarely get around to it) because you're probably thinking what I am thinking, if I medidtate I will probably fall asleep, which of course totally defeats the purpose of meditating!


But then I realized something beautiful and amazing--My passionate zest for life 4 year old son embodies this "being" philosophy every moment of his life. He is not burdened by the to dos, the time constraints or schedules that rule my life, or the adult stresses or worries that I carry around on my shoulders. He simply immerses himself in every single moment of life and notices EVERYTHING, like the beautiful blooming rose that he stops to smell or the tree he wants to climb when we have an appointment to be at or the full moon in the night sky when its time to get ready for bed. He is there, he is present, he misses nothing and enjoys everthing. What an amazing beautiful example of 'just BEING' I have in my son, I want to be just like him when I grow up.



Until the next time,
Romy, Goddess in the Moment

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Romy, Found your link to the blog on the LWL Mom Products group. I have to say how much I LOVED this posting. My little inspiration is 2, not 4, but I get the same lessons from him as well. And, can I just say, that A New Earth book HURT MY HEAD! ..but when I see how eloquently you just condensed it's lesson, maybe I'll give it another read. I'm going to visit your blog often..it's soooo relatable to me! Thanks! your new fan, Jennifer Bourgoyne. Founder/Czela Blue www.czelablue.com