Monday, June 9, 2008

Moma's Got a 'Mind Virus'

OK, OK before you worry, I am not sick--I am a happy and healthy 40 year old woman. But admittedly, I have been remiss on posting this blog predominately because I have so many 'To Do's' lately and not anywhere near enough hours to do it all (or so I think!). And then I got this thought provoking e-mail from a business service I subscribe to that brought up this concept of a 'mind virus' and I just loved it, it resonated with me. Basically, a 'mind virus' is a thought or programmed message that you constantly heard while you were growing up like 'money doesn't grow on trees', and you heard it often enough that this idea became embedded in your mind and now you just can't get rid of it. This repetitive thought has 'infected' your mind and holds you back from doing everything you want to do, it makes you think that it is real because it has been around for so long that it has just become part of your belief system. For example, someone who really believes that money doesn't grow on trees probably has some issues surrounding money or never having enough of it, and these embedded thoughts hold them back. This conceptualization makes so much sense to me.

For me, as happy and full my life feels, I continually suffer from the mind virus of 'I never have a enough time to do it all/there are not enough hours in the day' and sure enough time is constantly an issue for me. I never accomplish all my to do's, I am stressed about getting it all done, I am continually late, I am jugggling (like many of you) my career, mommyhood, a social life, personal growth, health/fitness and at the same time aspiring to be more calm, peaceful and live a less frentic life--Yikes! I totally believe in the Laws of Attraction and the more power I give to this lack of time, the more the 'virus' has taken over my life and when I have shifted my thinking to "I have all the time in the world/all the time I need" miraculously I have plenty of time to get it all done, with time to spare!

So what does all this mean? I am sharing my insight in hopes that moms out there will be able to identify the viruses that plague them and that this awareness will be the start of shifting their thinking and possibly getting rid of these nasty little buggers, especially those that hold us back from enjoying our precious moments right now.


See you next week,
Romy, Goddess of the Time Warp

No comments: