Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mommy's feeling Pissy today

Have you ever just been in an irritable mood just because (and not because Aunt Flo is visiting)? The kind of mood where everything and everyone annoys you? The kind of mood you just can't shake and you just feel unmotivated to get things done that day. Well that's how I feel today, sluggish, cranky and unmotivated. Maybe its due to the 100+ degrees heat outside, or maybe its because I had an intense therapy session last night that stirred up alot of stuff, or maybe its because my once thriving consulting business has taken a dramatic downturn and I am in the process of reinventing myself and it is moving very s-l-o-w-l-y. Who knows? But what I do know is that I've got so many things I want to get done and I am getting in my own way! And my happy-go-lucky 4 year old doesn't get it either, he wants to play and hug and kiss mom without restrictions, and fortunately he is spending most of the morning with Dad so I have my space to myself to ponder my stuckness and yuckiness.

How do you shift gears when you are in a mood like this? What tools do you use to snap out of it and get on with daily life? Or do you just sit with it for a while, absorb, understand and process the feelings so you can move through it and understand where the blockage came from and be more prepared to handle it the next time it rears its ugly head. I have alot of tools in my repitore but at this moment they fail me, at this moment I just want to sit in this sludge and ruminate, and you know that's OK. I know this is just a moment in time where I need to sit with my defiant inner child, chat with her, tell her it is OK to be Pissy and that I support and love her unconditionally. And from this dialogue, I can learn about myself and my wounds, I can grow and move forward through the wonderfully challenging, adventurous and interesting maze of my life.


See you real soon,
Romy, A Goddess AKA Miss Pissy

1 comment:

dmhilyard said...

Romy,

I love how involved with the community you are. I wanted to find out if you know of any good mommy based websites for us stay at home moms to promote our businesses? I found you on a moms website and saw a lot of your posts which led me here.

I'm a wine consultant and do In-Home Wine Tastings. Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Dawne