Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Moma's Got a 'Case of the Mondays'

OK, I know its Tuesday and I am just getting around to writing my weekly blog (which usually comes out on Monday BTW) hence the title of this blog suggesting that I've got a 'case of the Mondays!' Have you ever heard of this phrase? I just read it somewhere and just LOVED it because it very much captures and conceptualizes how I feel many days, but especially on Mondays when everything starts all over again, my plate is full, I've got a million things to do and feel overwhelmed before I even get started. How great is it that someone (I think its from the movie Office Space) acutally coined a phrase that captures how crappy I feel when I start the week--it ROCKS and just makes me feel better knowing that someone else 'gets it'. I have so much on my plate these days that I often have a hard time prioritzing all my to do's--getting my son ready for school, prepping meals, taking him to school, laundry, groceries, checking e-mail, blogging, marketing and reinventing my old business, and trying to launch my new business--and oh yeah exercise, staying healthy, socializing, connecting with family and friends and trying to look hip and put together-WHEW! I am exhausted just typing that.

So why do I bring this all up and what does it all mean? Well, I just think that today's modern, multi-tasking woman/mom is pulled in multiple directions and unfortunately many things in her life suffer because she is not able to pay enough attention to each individual aspect of her life. She doesn't have the time it takes to put herself together from head to toe, be abreast of all the latest news topics, feel like a sex goddess on a regular basis or really dedicate herself to launching a business or stimulating her children's minds. She just gives a sprinkle of herself to everything, but often not enough time to one thing. I certainly struggle with this and that is why I am writing this blog to normalize this predicament and why I am working on developing tools and resources to address this very issue of loosing your groove/soul. But it is a slow process and its only Tuesday, but next Monday is just around the corner.

Thanks for listening,
Romy, Goddess of Getting Past Monday :0)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm not a mom and I can still relate to the Monday Blue. Well that and the need to prioritize. So rest assured, you're not alone out there.