Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Night Time is My Time

So after I put my little man down, I finally come up for air and so look forward to those few precious hours that are all mine. A time when I can get things done-uninterrupted-relax, take a breath and catch up on my day. The problem is I am often so tired by this time of night that although I want to be more productive and work on my new business ventures or read another chapter in 'A New Earth', I often don't have the motivation or energy to do anything but plop in front of the TV and unwind with some reality escapsim. How many of you relate to this?

Some nights I am on fire and get a million things done and feel like I can conquer the world, and other nights I am zapped. And on those turbo nights, I often go to bed way too late, end up super tired the next day and probably am not the most productive mom, wife or business woman. I need to strike a better balance between my daytime and nighttime activities, prioritize tasks and make sure the more cerebral stuff gets done earlier and the busy work later.

I want to make sure I spend more quality time doing the things that feed my soul, and less time wasted on things without substance.



Sweet Dreams,
Romy
Goddess of the Night

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Night time is my time as well:) I can relate to this post!

Lift Like A Mom said...

Oh, I am so there with you! Sometimes I can't even watch a movie with my husband b/c my eyes start shutting.

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I love yours. Can I not follow?