Tuesday, March 25, 2008

This Mom's Trying to Find Her Creative Soul

I am so lucky to have to have such a compassionate and hands on hubby, who encourages and supports all that I do--even the crazy indulgent and wacky things. My hubby (I call him Hubbs) is so on board with this whole groove thing and I love it. He gets that I need my time and space to nuture myself, my creativity and my passion and these things take time. When you have kids (I have only one four year old), they are a top priority and demand your immediate time and attention and because of that, your own needs get put on the back burner and the more kids you have the more your own needs get stuffed down.


This idea about losing your mojo on some level after having kids has been playing around in my mind for the last four years. Because I was a sex therapist in a former life, for years friends and colleagues have always mentioned this challenge to me in one way or another and asked for advice or input--and these converstaions in conjunction with my own struggles (basically I feel that my creativity and inspiration have been slowly diminishing over the last 4 years) lead me to this idea of creating something to address these issues--a workshop, book or online resource--to help women stay passionate, sexy, creative and alive after having kids.


So this blog is being 'born' at the same time I am designing this workshop and trying to get it off the ground, and in this free forum I plan to share ideas, thoughts, exercises, and get reactions and desires from mothers who are trying to recharge their creative batteries and are looking for a resource to help them do it. I plan on offering insights, tips, resources and useful information that will change the lives of mothers everywhere and make them feel like a goddess again.




Stay tuned for more,


xo Romy
Goddess of Trying to Find Her Creative Soul (Again)

No comments: